Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by colnago62
I don’t live in an area where it is impossible to ride outside. I use Zwift mainly for doing intervals and zone 3 work. The groups rides are great for steady zone 3 work. Because avatars are able to ride through each other, it is easy to keep yourself in zone. When I first got on, I would do hours. What I realized eventually, was that indoor riding too much messes with outdoor riding. The real world isn’t as smooth as the indoor world. Last a Sunday I did my sweet spot work outside. It was difficult trying to maintain the proper wattage while avoiding potholes, shifting to maintain wattage. I was way more tired doing two 20 minute sessions outside than inside.
I have never had much luck at doing structured intervals outside. Structured training has always been more effective for me if done inside. While I haven't used it myself the feedback from others would seem to imply that Trainer Road is much better at training vs Zwift. Something to consider if all you are doing on the trainer is training.