View Single Post
Old 06-13-19, 03:06 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
But how would it get on the inside of the rim near the spokes? The outward force of the spinning wheel should push anything from the brakes out towards the tire.
Yeah, I guess that's what confused me a bit too. The buildup on the inside of the rim made me think it could have been flowing from the outside inward when I stopped at a light or something. Apparently it's just a big mess that gets anywhere and everywhere.

Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
First time using tanwall tires?
I have tanwalls on some of my other bikes, but those are of course "dry weather" bikes so I hadn't experienced the phenomenon yet. Previously this wet weather bike had simple, boring black tires.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
It's no bloody problem, wash it off if it bothers you ..
I live in an apartment. Any sort of thorough washing involves the bathtub and an earful from the girlfriend. That said, I've been thinking of sneaking in a quick wash at the local car rental place, that generally has a hose just sitting there unattended.