Old 01-22-21, 10:31 AM
Cyclist0100
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
OP, you're really not doing yourself any favors with the contentiousness you're bringing to all your responses. Again, people above were trying to understand what your agenda was to begin with and also offering the best advice they can. The fact is no one paper or source is going to be able to tell you exactly what you should do for your own riding. 60-90g isn't even about what the body needs, that's a measure of how many grams the human body can process per hour, 60 on the low end of glucose and then others carbs can come from fructose to get to 90-100g. Anything over that and the body has some adverse gastric reactions. So the idea of having 60-90g for performance cycling is that people might go through more carbs than that per hour, and so we should try and do our best to keep a supply of carbs on board so we don't bonk. I think you're looking for absolute facts via science that don't necessarily exist (I'm guessing any research you'll find relates more to higher end efforts than just average joes riding at z2 or below). As I said above, you can get a more specific idea of what your body does by getting yourself to lab for metabolic testing, otherwise we have ballpark figures and experience to guide us.
At this point I'm not trying to do myself any favors. Some of the responses in the thread are just stupid, uninformed, counter-productive and obtuse! I've never claimed that any single article provides the complete answer to anything. I'm simply being transparent as to the sources of the info.

The point of the OP was to provide tools for your toolbox if you're interested in figuring things out on your own. The info in the links provided do just that. Relying on someone to tell me what I need to do without understanding the logic or the science behind the recommendation is not of interest to me. Ergo, telling me you do "X" and it works for you doesn't mean it'll work for me. Likewise, I will show others the same consideration. It makes no sense for me to shove my means and methods down anyone's throat. I'm looking to fill my toolbox with usable tools, and when I find good tools I think it's helpful to share those with others. Most people should have the brain capacity to figure out if that tool is useful to them or not. If so, great. If not, no worries. Attacking the person who is just trying to share helpful info with those who are looking for it is a head-scratcher.

If the info is not helpful to you, move on. I don't have any issue with that. If you have disagreement with the info or hold a different view that is backed up by facts, I welcome that. And if you're just here to throw stones and disrupt, don't expect me to coddle you, handle you with kid gloves or give you a hug.

Last edited by Cyclist0100; 01-22-21 at 10:41 AM.