View Single Post
Old 08-05-11, 12:09 AM
Heatherbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello Ambien Walrus, can we be friends?

Oh, I have never been able to sleep when camping-ever. It's horrible and always end up a nervous wreck because I have gotten little to no sleep. I just can't do camping which is weird since I love nature, stars, trees and live in the country. I feel like a primadonna, but it's true. I once had to sleep in a car with blankets and a pillow, but still could not sleep. Even if exhausted I will still be unable to sleep. Even worse is that I was in a major car accident some years ago so my back is a bloody mess so the inability to sleep is compounded by absolute agony. I feel I would have to carry some heavy duty bed thing which would weigh a tonne. I'm all for credit card touring. I wish there were more inns and places to stay that are geared for cyclists and affordable.
The advice is all valid and useful, but some people just can't sleep very well.
It is probably disappointing to my husband who loves camping and wants to bike tour everywhere and stay in a tent.

I have a great tent though. Once I did put a single kids mattress in my tent with nice blankets and I almost slept...but got freaked out by the sound of an animal nibbling something. I currently live in wild animal country and actually do not understand why people would choose to sleep in a flimsy tent in the proximity of bears, cougars, coyotes...