Old 12-24-14, 08:21 PM
gregjones

Bikes: K2 Mod 5.0 Roadie, Fuji Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by djb
there are a few companies that make rear racks that are regularly used on cf bikes, mount onto the brake caliper up top and use a skewer on the rear rear below, like this one, which can be bought for $40 can.

Streamliner Racks - Racks - Products - Axiom Performance Gear
I have a Streamliner rack. It's light and easy to remove. Axiom makes bags from small to large that are a 10 second remove/install with their system.

The forward rack brace does attach at the caliper mount. I wasn't really keen about messing with the carbon part taking the rack off and on, let alone messing a bit with the caliper to get the brakes right again. I used a seatpost clamp with ears and made a different bracket that hangs from there. Two 5mm bolts and the skewer is all that required to get the rack off and on. I'm thinking about making slots out of the holes that the skewer goes through. Then it would just be a matter of loosening and readjusting the QR. Even easier.

My trailer is 13lb and pulls great. But, the Streamliner with a medium bag should be less than five pounds and easier to live with for motel to motel hopping.