Old 05-31-19, 03:41 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
i find it really funny how most are more or less bashing the OP for his choice. The man loves longboards more than bikes, i fall under the same boat tbh.
We have more participants than I would have believed before I got back into it and looked online for social contacts and other info.

Is it so hard to grasp that not everyone on this forum has bicycles as their main hobby?
Just like many motorists have no idea what cyclists are capable of doing on a bike, no one who is outside of the longboard community has any clues. I am more of a speed skater/ hockey jock on inline skates or old school quad skates who never quit doing those things. I got back into boards about 6 years ago big time after a 40 year layoff due to the advancements in truck and board tech. Now i serve two masters: Skates and Boards.

@JoeyBike see you next year at dutch ultraskate?
My local Rail-Trail is 100km round trip and that is about all I can muster and call it "fun". Would love to spend time around people who can push a board 200+ miles in 24 hours. Almost have to see that to believe it. I'm 61 years old now and the tendons and ligaments ain't what they used to be.

I skated 3170 miles in 2017. Pretty sure I will never top that.

BTW...I am on Endomondo daily pretty much as Joey Brooks. https://www.endomondo.com/profile/35663751 - so if you want to stay in touch outside of this miserable place...

Facebook kicked me out for using an alias.

For your enjoyment:

Originally Posted by livedarklions
How can we miss you when you won't go away? Most self-indulgent thread ever.
Stop bumping it. When ppl stop bumping it, the thread will die peacefully. I also stated that I will stay "active" in the Living Car-Free thread since I don't really have to be a cyclist to fit in there. And if someone asks me a question in a Quote or a Mention I will respond as I still get those notifications.

Last edited by JoeyBike; 05-31-19 at 04:01 PM.