Old 08-21-19, 07:49 AM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
So I don't understand how or when good behaviour, politeness and allowing others before you has become unacceptable behaviour.

If somebody opens the door for you, do you snear back and slap his face?

I'd rather have a trucker give me his right-of way than blowing coal in my face.
Because it's dangerous to cede the right of way.

First off, it puts the slower bike in front of the faster car. That's just dumb.

Second, it prevents everyone else in the area from knowing what is about to happen. We have standard road rules and known rights of way rules for a reason. Its so when you pull up to an intersection you have a pretty good idea what everyone else near the intersection is going to do. Or at least what they should do and in what order. When you break those rules, suddenly no one knows what you are doing and you have created a dangerous situation for yourself.

The people who encourage this are called Niceholes for a reason. They mean well, hence they are nice. But their actions are inherently dangerous, hence...well you get it now (I hope)

No one wishes ill upon these people. We just want them to stop trying to circumvent the right or way rules.
Likes For Skipjacks: