Old 04-04-19, 08:09 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by ascherer

Not very recent, taken sometime in the last year. During her last month or so she got pretty sick. She was an independent cat, but she did come around to hanging on my lap once she was about 6. I have a picture from January on the day I had rotator cuff surgery. I was home and sleeping off the anesthesia in a recliner chair and she hopped up on me and kept me company.
When our daughter bought Carl home to us, September 2003, I was about to go down a strange rabbit hole of continuous surgeries. He took to playing in my lap when I sat in the recliner and worked on my laptop. Through the numerous surgeries, on my spine twice, and 14 times on my abdomen/small intestine, he kept me company. From day one he slept in bed with my wife and I, each night started on one or the others' stomach. He liked to burrow in beneath the covers, Monica called it "The Cat Cave". If we weren't in bed on time each night, he would fuss at us until we both were in the correct place. When I was in hospital he would not leave Monica's side, if she was at our house.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13