Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
I do stand when it gets unbearable, suppose I should stand more often and for longer, though it messes up my power output when trying to hold steady, e.g., doing SST. I'm riding rollers with a fork mount. Hadn't thought that movement would help, but I see DIY rockers are a thing so there must be something to it? Would not using a fork mount help (caveat being that I lack the balance to train without it in the short term)?

Between the cheeks, even though the Power has a cutout and good sit bone support. I've been riding indoors for on average 4 hrs/wk since November, sessions typically 1 hour with some longer.
What does "between the cheeks" mean? Numb groin, hemorrhoids, or? Photo of you on your rollers might help.

Speaking of rollers, of course you can ride them fine right now without the fork mount. Set them up in a doorway so your shoulders are right in it. The narrower the doorway, the better. On rollers, speed is your friend. I wouldn't worry terribly about serious training on them in March. First learn to ride them, then train. Downside of really riding rollers is that it'll take you a while to get good enough to stand on them. Totally worth it, though.

4 hours/week consistently should be enough to condition your butt tissues, so that's not the problem. You use padded bike shorts, right? Same problem no matter which model of shorts you use? Some shorts are a better match for some saddles than others. I've found that saddle with large cutouts typically work better with thinner pads.