View Single Post
Old 03-19-19, 06:14 PM
Patriot1

Bikes: (2) 2019 Specialized Roll Sports, 1992 Merlin Road Ti, 1986 Schwinn Peloton, 2 Trek 920’s,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeMD
Patriot1, thanks for the wealth of info.
I took delivery of the comp X1, 2019 as seen in the photo(Cant post pictures yet, 10 posts coming soon......).
First impressions, this bike is a cruiser with an attitude problem! For me I had a 22 mile delightful night of thrashing about the waterline of Baltimore cities inner harbor.
I was shocked at the fatigue I did not encounter. In the beginning I missed what I remember being lighter gearing on the hills but quickly got used to it.

Another thing that stuck to my memory was how invincible I was to anything on the road, from blasting full speed over old cobblestone streets (something I would have walked my 700cc bike over before lol).
What can I say, the wheels/tires are a bit heavy and a drag, but my goodness the transitions up and down sidewalks was amazing. I was always kind of a wus about going off curbs, not anymore.
And all with no shocks. I dont know if this is the only bike you should own, but if it is life will still be good.

Anyways I do have an issue and its so small and silly I hate to post it here.
Has anyone had issues adjusting the height of their saddle, and the post not staying still?
After getting the bike on the road, I adjusted the seat lower from the shop and it had some left to right action, I adjusted it again tightening the nut more, this time it was very difficult to close the Quick Release for the seat post, but there is still a tiny bit of movement.
It is the post itself I can feel it shift. Not enough to make a difference, but I never had a saddle with any give to it.
Is this an issue with the paint breaking in?
Is there something unique, proprietary or special to our post. My father took a look and thinks the post is different because it has grooves in it.
Patriot1, can you try sitting and shifting your but, do you get any play in your saddle. Thanks a million!
GeorgeMD, glad to hear you are enjoying new ride! I look forward to seeing pics posted once you are off 10 post probation.
To answer your question about the seat post movement. What you are experiencing is the movement or play as you say
of the suspension seat slightly from side to side. Yes I am experiencing it as well. All Rolls have this, and adjusting the seat post
clamp tighter will not correct the issue.
This seat movement from side to side, my local Specialized shop owner did make aware of. I agree with you, it is a bit annoying.
A regular non suspension replacement seat post would cure this, I am not sure if I will change this out yet, probably not.
Be careful not to overtighten the seat post clamp, you can break it. It needs to be tight but not gorilla gonzo hands tight.

I added a frame bag to both our Rolls, I don’t like wearing a backpack, but do like carrying a few apples, oranges, bananas and energy bars when I ride.
The same frame bag for my wifes bike will arrive in a day or so. I ordered mine first to check fit. Congrats on the Roll!

Last edited by Patriot1; 03-19-19 at 06:23 PM.