View Single Post
Old 06-03-19, 09:00 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
I have tubeless on my 2.8" 27.5+ tires. On those it makes some sense. I haven't felt compelled to go tubeless on anything else, including my "gravel/adventure" bike with 38mm tires that I run at half the pressure you do. I just don't think it is worth the hassle. If I got flats frequently, I would probably change my mind.

My tubeless setup works much better than yours, but it is still a high-maintenance hassle.

I think it is safe to say there is no way to add sealant without completely deflating the tire. In my case, the beads stick to the rims, so injecting via syringe through the vale (with stem removed) works, but this whole ritual of dumping latex crap into the tires doesn't strike me as an improvement. Several times I have found a tire flat for no apparent reason, pumped it up, put in sealant, and then it is fine for several months. Or not. Sometimes it leaks at the valve, especially when I thread on the pump. It is completely random, and that bothers me for multi-day trips.

Orange seal for me seems to work better than Stan's.

Last edited by Cyclist0108; 06-03-19 at 09:14 PM. Reason: words keep leaking out