Old 10-12-19, 06:35 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by gregf83
I think maybe 100 or so on the flats and upwards of 350 for short hills. I have a bridge with a 5%, 1.3km hill and the wheel adds 300-400 on that hill but I doubt it could sustain that power much longer than a couple of minutes. For me, it 'flattens' the hills so my power output tends to be steadier than if I'm riding without it. Normally, I would go maybe 50% harder on the hills.
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
Well, it's already been established that they get as much exercise as us "analog" riders. Should be no problem for them.
I can't tell if Lemond is being facetious or not, but Greg hits it on the head. 100w is the difference between riding hard on a flat and taking it easy at a regular, non-sprinting pace. 300-400 is about what you'll put out cranking up a hill, and even spinning up 5% will be 200w+. So where is the exercise they are getting? When I was on the trainer yesterday I was doing 70w on a warm up, basically just spinning my legs. If that's what you put out to engage the throttle you aren't getting much exercise beyond soft pedaling around the park. Yes, they get some exercise, but no more than a spin around the park.