View Single Post
Old 09-13-19, 09:41 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
While I wait for some new parts to arrive this afternoon I was thinking about the rest of the bike.

I'm probably going to reuse the stainless steel handlebars from the RoadAce but for colors I was thinking of using Jagwire Gold Medal housing for the brakes and shifter. (Like @Veloria used on her custom mixte)
Which brings me to the pedals on this bike;

After using the MKS Urban platform pedals for over a year they still spin smooth as butter. So when it came to this particular bike I was looking at their models as well.
Since they are 70 years old they are putting out lots of updated models of classic pedals like the MKS BM-7 BMX/MTB pedals. The BM-7 Next is the higher end model with triple cartridge bearings (and a more modern dust cap!) in a range of colors. Especially the gold and the blue catch my eye but I'm still thinking.

Any opinions on this?

Other fun, but totally unnecessary, additions could be brass self-extracting crank caps with the respective bolts.

Then again, I might be going slightly overboard on the gold theme here...
Likes For JaccoW: