Old 10-07-18, 12:14 AM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Bianchi Model confirmation for informed offer

Good morning!
I've been bitten by the biking bug, and have the fortune of living near the Ohio to Erie trail. I'm looking for a lighter feeling road bike, but I'm drawn to vintage bikes. A local Craigslist ad listed a Bianchi road bike, $200. I passed it over a few times because it's a black frame with gold decal. I went through and eliminated the Japanese-built entry frames from the meager local offerings and looked at this bike more closely. I'm convinced it's a Canadian Campione D'Italia from 1987 based on posts to this very forum in January 2010. The bike has a Modolo Start brakeset, Ofmega master rear derailleur, what looks like an Ofmega anodized chainring, Ambrosio wheels, and what the seller described as Columbus Tubing. From the color of the sticker, it looks like a Bianchi Special formula II Tretubi. He says he got the bike 3 years ago, and he thinks it's an early 80's model. The paint and components have more than a few dings. I'm too new to this to know maintenance costs on older frames, but it might need an overhaul. I'm going to check the fit on Monday, and since I don't need a bike, I could sit around to see what else comes up.

I'd love to post pictures or the link to the images, but apparently I'm too new.