Old 10-07-18, 03:16 PM
Kevindale

Bikes: 1980 Koga-Miyata Gentsluxe-S, 1998 Eddy Merckx Corsa 01, 1983 Tommasini Racing, 2012 Gulf Western CAAD10, 1980 Univega Gran Premio

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
I'm grateful that you took the time to look up the posting and post the photos for me, marius.suiram. Bianchigirl, I'm grateful for the offer.
That's definitely the post. There's only time invested by going to look at it, but I'll keep your caveats in mind, marius. I'm looking for a rider, not a bike to flip, but if the condition is too much I can wait around for a newer alloy bike. Thankfully, I can accept less than like new condition if it's mostly cosmetic.
I could potentially learn a lot taking it apart to clean. I'm curious as to how the seller arrived at his number.
I wouldn't worry about whatever logic the seller used to price the bike. It's irrelevant, and it could simply be "Hey, it's a Bianchi, they're worth plenty I hear, I'll ask $200." Many of us here have offered half the asking price, or even less, when we're looking at bikes that haven't been well maintained and may have a lot of issues. The seller may get indignant, or they may say "fine." Do take some hex wrenches when you go to look at it and make sure the seat post and the stem can be moved. If either one is seized, it could be a major issue, and immediately slashes the value of the bike dramatically. Look carefully at the rims, for any cracks either along the edges, or at each spoke nipple (if they've been overtightened they start to pull through). This could make a nice rider, but it's going to take a fair amount of effort, and some $, to get it there, just based on what we see in those photos.