LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11402 Post(s)
Liked 4,759 Times in 2,768 Posts
Originally Posted by sbxx1985
It happens to everyone in this thread that has been around for a while. It gets a bit much and/or irritating and you leave.

For me, coming back is motivating, which makes leaving in a huff counterproductive. I want to hit next season running, which means I can't pork up this winter. Listening to people riding and racing, and folks like LAJ and HP that are racing at a high level, is motivating to me. I can find a million excuses over the winter. I want to lose weight instead of gaining weight. LAJ is preparing beet milkshakes.
Thanks sbxx. As someone that wasn't really an athlete by any stretch of the imagination growing up, or even through life, this stuff continues to be eye opening to me. The dedication needed that's equal to what I have in regards to Mrs. LAJ. or my trade, is OK, and I'm lucky I get latitude in that regard. If that's motivating to others, that's the cherry on top.

Next season started today. FTP test and I didn't fubar it. It's the best number I've put up, and since I have less of me to haul up that same hill, it allows me to be more optimistic. The only bad thing about a good number is training is going to be a little tougher.... Vicious little circle, but if we wanted easy, we sure wouldn't have picked this sport.