Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by colnago62
I think it is still generically advantaged individuals winning, it just takes out the additional need for bike handling skill. Some 10k guy can get on and be very competitive without really having to pay any dues. You can even have a coach telling you when to attack and sit in. All the rider really has to bring to the table is fitness.
I've done a ton of real world racing and a fair amount on Zwift & this is a reasonable statement. The game also really tilts the table towards riders with very high aerobic capacity, the true impact of drafting in a pack is very under simulated. It's a tough environment for a wheel sucking sprinter.

I "line up" with the attitude of trying to gain fitness & racing against the game/myself (not other riders) for me all of the various forms of "cheating" are a non-issue.

I think the future is going to require a certain number of monitored competitions for you to be a legit racer in certain classes. Anyone cheating to reach that level would be exposed in <5m of racing.

Last edited by Voodoo76; 09-16-19 at 06:13 AM.