View Single Post
Old 08-26-19, 08:46 AM
em_525

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pitbull pedal
First of all I do appreciate the thoughts and ideas. I'll try and answer the best that I can as I am just having fun with this project.
1. As an opinion I do appreciate that you do not personally like the design we came up with. I'm hoping others will.
2. Back to opinions, we do believe that there is room for another pedal. Especially one that works as easy as ours does. Not necessarily how fast it is but how easy it is to engage. Anyone getting into road bikes should pick our pedal as it should fit everyone's needs and the pricing will be super competitive as our overhead is almost zero and we're not trying to make the big bucks. Just having some fun.
3. As far as misleading we never intended that to happen as we are stating and showing in all videos that it is the fastest to engage. Funny that even when I went back and watched the challenge video we were talking about it taking 2 or 2.5 seconds to engage both feet, when I took my stopwatch out and watch the video we are even under 2 seconds as the best I can do with my stopwatch.
4. As far as the bearings and service, I'll post a short video and that would be the easiest way for me to show it and everyone to be able to understand it.
5. As far as the cleats wearing out, I think that they should last as long as any of the other molded cleats. I personally walked 2 miles on them with an aggressive pace and they still worked perfectly fine. I cannot imagine how long they would last if you were on your bike, get off at a coffee shop, walk maybe 100 feet, stop at a store to get a gatorade, walk a little bit. At that rate they should last many many months and they would be extremely inexpensive from us to replace.

Thanks for the good luck and maybe if we do ever get these to market and people see that they do work exactly like we are promoting them, maybe you'll change your mind. Thanks again.

As far as the refinement on the pedals, I really don't know exactly what you mean. Maybe in your opinion the simplicity of the pedal isn't visually catching your eye. But as far as refinement they are a perfectly machined stainless steel outer core. They couldn't be any more refined.
I'm referring to the area just in back of where the pedal screws in the crankarm. That area of metal looks comical in how large around it is. It makes the pedal look like a rough prototype instead of a finished product. I assume you've left it that large around for a reason. However, to me, it's far too large and looks like something the inside of my shoes would rub on.

Outside of that, it's an interesting concept.