Old 01-16-24, 12:20 PM
MTBingNinja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Enjoying winter cycling but my toes! / Connecticut

Good afternoon
I love biking in 98° weather during the summer but I'm on a mission to bike through the winter as I am trying to ride through every town in Connecticut eventually. I have more chunks of time on my hands during the winter months for longer rides. Definetly living and learning. Caught frostnip pretty bad on my toes and fingers on November 25 and still recovering. Since then, been dressing better more proactively. Yesterday I rode in 17°/12° reel feel start, 25°/15° reel feel finish temperatures through Harwington, Burlington, Canton, New Hartford, Torrington. 3:44ET. 10.2mph. 37.59miles. Felt great. Wore Baleaf Pants, Baleaf Jacket, Hikenture Under Helmet Skull Cap Liner, Pearl Izumi lobster gloves, Rockbros shoe covers, Patagonia shirt, GGYD Heated Socks, Under Armor cold gear shirt, Sunmeci windproof neck gaiter. My fingers, legs, core, and head felt great, nice and warm and not too sweaty.

Tried toe warmers with wool socks previously but toes still got way too cold. My toes felt much better yesterday as I wore the electric socks for the first time. I covered the vents of my Shimano SH RP1 SPD shoes as well. I'm guessing my feet are sweating bit a but the cold air is still pushing through a bit.

I'm feeling great and confident riding through the winter now but want to feel a bit more comfortable with my toes. Any advice?