Old 07-27-20, 04:03 PM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3017 Post(s)
Liked 3,814 Times in 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by kunsunoke
Who taught those other builders to build those bikes that you think are exactly the same? Build quality used to be much poorer in the USA - but then Faliero Masi taught an entire generation of American builders how to do the job properly. Those people then taught others. Sadly, those that learned how to do it were replaced by PRC-based laborers who don't care about what they build - or about the safety of those who ride their products.

Non-Italian builders aren't the same as Italian builders on the high-end. Geometry is different, for one thing. Ride quality differs substantially. I've owned Brit and French bikes that didn't handle as well or ride as well as the Italian bikes I still own. The Ideor I have in the basement (older than I am) out-rode and out-handled the Carlton and PX-10 I used to have. It's one of the main reasons I got rid of the other bikes and kept the Ideor. To each his own.
If you think building happened in the 70s, you have a very limited view of history. Faliero Masi didn't teach **** to Pop Brennan, Oscar Waysten, Alvin Drysdale, Dick Power, Albert Eisentraut, or dozens of great French, English, Belgian, German or any other builder prior to the 70s.

Again, everything you describe as "better" can be summed up with je ne sais quoi. Nothing else.

Last edited by cb400bill; 07-28-20 at 05:43 PM.