Old 03-29-21, 01:37 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 183 Posts
If you go searching for a used bike, enlist the help of someone who is already an avid cyclist to help you sort out the trash from the treasures. There is a lot of overpriced crap on CL in my location. Most of the decent ones are $$$.

The fact that you even considered the Schwinn Bonafide tells me that you aren't familiar with what to look for. That bike comes in just one frame size. If someone offered to sell you clothing in "one size fits all" how good do you think it would fit you at 6'1" and 350 pounds? The other thing that screams out to me is the cheap front suspension on that bike. Stick with a bike that has a solid front fork and NO suspension. I'd rather see the manufacturer use better components on the rest of the bike than sell one with nearly worthless suspension. It's a sales gimmick.

If there is a bike club in your area, contact them and ask if there is anyone willing to help you make a good choice.
Likes For VegasTriker: