Old 03-06-13, 07:20 PM
miss kenton

Bikes: Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
But he threads that were complained about had NO cycling content!

The members "insulted" in that thread were not insulted enough to complain.

Dang. We're darned if we do, darned if we don't. What would you do in our situation when there are so many complaints? We are trying to please the majority. Either way we are the bad guys. We don't like to stir up negative feelings or throw a spoke in the wheels but seriously, we are up in arms here. That is why I asked if a whole new FORUM not related to Bike Forums should be started. I got no answers!! Help us out here.
Sui,
I appreciate the efforts the moderators make in keeping things running smoothly on the forums. I am quite sure the mods get more than their fair share of criticism and very little gratitude. I have always found the Mods to be unobtrusive, and stepping in only when things got out of hand.

However, IMHO, the mods really missed the mark in this forum. I have read all the posts in all the thread concerning changes in the 50+ forum. It is clear that easily 80% of the members/posters would like to leave the forum as it is and have explained why. That leaves no more than 20% disgruntled. I am omitting all the silent members who are unhappy and have been pleading with the Mods for help in making the 50+ group a more welcoming place but are afraid to mention this on the forum. I do so because there is no evidence they exist. I am having a hard time understanding why the disgruntled 20% get to alter the forum for the 80% that are content. Do only the squeaky wheels get the oil?

But rather than just complain, I have a suggestion.
Instead of attempting to herd 80% of the population of the 50+ forum into a thread that is bound to become nothing more than a profusion of unrelated posts, why don't the disgruntled 20% instead, be assigned a thread of their own! There they may discuss, or limit the discussion of, anything they want without being subjected to the distasteful fluff the rest of us call "our lives?" The rest of us can take a vow never to bother them.