Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
I think for general use for bicycles a floor pump is far more convenient than an air compressor. I have both, and I never use my air compressor for my bike. Heck, I’ve never even needed it to set up tubeless.
I have both too. My compressor is used primarily for pneumatic tools and paint spraying. I do use it to fill up my portable air tank with which I top up my car and trailer tires. For me, it's just so much simpler to grab my floor pump hanging in the garage. Even if I have to switch the head around for a particular valve I can very quickly bring my bikes up to the right pressure. If I were to use my compressor, I would have to turn it on and let it come up to pressure, take my bike over to where the hose is, find my air chuck (and the presta to shraeder adapter if necessary), find my tire gauge (which I would have to use several times during the process) and basically waste 15 minutes of riding time.

I think having a compressor is a fine thing, but justifying its purchase for filling up bike tires is a stretch. On the other hand, if you buy one you may find other uses. My wife asks me to blow the dust out of her vacuum cleaner every time she changes the bag.