Bigbus
Very Senior Member

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 244 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
OP- what are the problems? I don't see then stated. What is the cable routing? Internal/external? The vast majority of hangers are just one more stamped item in the industrial world and stamping is a coarse method of making something (think about cheap stamped der's or chain rings). We check every hanger we install and need to correct/tweak most all. Hangers will shift their alignment with the wheel's QR being tightened as the hanger and frame contact surfaces are not perfectly flat (see stamped reference above). But it sounds like a cable issue, friction changes over time.

bigbus- Have you places a witness mark on the adjuster to see if it's really rotating out of position from what it was set at? This is the only aspect a lock nut will solve. Andy
Hey Andy, I don't want to hijack BHDavis's thread here because I think he is asking good questions and someone will be giving him good advice real soon and hopefully he gets it figured out, but I wanted to show you the barrel adjuster that keeps rotating. I might have a nut with a cable slot around here somewhere, but I don't want to cut off the end of the cable to put a nut on it.