View Single Post
Old 11-08-19, 11:09 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
Ok, so to update on what is actually working on this. I've been going over it section by section this morning.

First I'd spray the area with some Mequiars Quick Wax as lubricant. Then I took Lysol wipes and started working using my fingernail to break the paint specs loose. It's working well without scratching anything. The hardest part seems to be getting all the now loose specs off the frame. A nappy rag seems to push them around more than pick them up. Same for a wet rag. So I'm going to gently use a clay bar to get all the loose stuff off. The painted surfaces and chrome surfaces are cleaning quite well. Some of the paint on the components seem to be adhered quite well. Once the frame is all cleaned up I'll finally finish this bike up properly. Have some beautiful, and light, WI/Fusion Velocity silver wheels to go on it. They weighed exactly the same as my latest set of Zonda's but silver will look so much better on this than the black rimmed Zonda's. I've also got a beautiful Campagnolo Aero style seatpost that is more fitting than the Thomson for this bike. I'll post up some pics once I get it all done.