View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 09:29 AM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
Riding in Dec 2015 I slipped on ice turning the bike. I landed right on the right hip. The short story is I broke it and non-displaced fracture. The dr did the surgery and parishioner where I am assign as a deacon. He told me a chance that is would not heal and would need hip replacement but he thought I would be fine. Well after 3 stainless steel screws I go upt and did 4 laps around the hospital floor. It was not hurting but they did not want me to favor or limp. I went home the next day and got clearance 4 days later that I could spin only on my trainer as long as no pushing weight and pain. I did that for about one month no real walking except when I had to. I did my own physical therapy I pretty much knew the exercises and the dr knew me well...…….he knew I would do it. He just did not want me to over do anything.

Well I am a running too and I when back to jogging/running in 15 weeks. By about week 20 I could run 7 miles and I am was happy. The bike I got back on after about 2 months outside but my fear or course was falling or crashing. As it stands now I probably could not tell you I had anything done. My only issue is I have Runner's Dystonia and that is not an injury but your brain forgets how to run. I somethings can run fine for awhile then my legs just go blank, Lucky on the bike I fine. The moral is that I think if you do the right things and push when you can but know when to back off you will be fine. Better to not have a replacement hip.
Likes For deacon mark: