Old 08-26-20, 07:00 PM
Roychol

Bikes: Scott Reflex 3.0/GT Karakoram Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedyBlueBiker
I for one am always concerned about protecting my eyes while riding. Not only from UV rays but also from Bugs, bees, flies and any other flying objects while I'm out riding. Riding along at 18 to 21mph and getting hit by a flying insect/bug/bee is not my idea of fun. I've been hit numerous times on the face and they do sting a bit. It just makes me glad that I wore my sunglasses or if it's dark and gray my clear glasses. In addition, if you get caught out in a rain shower/storm it's nice to have something covering your eyes.
I wear prescription glasses, and have wraparound sunglasses. The other evening, no sunglasses, and a small bug hit me right in the eye. It took a bit of tearing to wash it out. I almost gave up on my ride to go home, but once I got away from the water, the bug situation was not as bad.

The wraparounds help keep the stuff out of the eyes, but just the prescription glasses do not do much to keep flying objects out... At least in my experiences. It's been hard (impossible) for me to find some safety glasses that are comfortable to wear over my glasses for low light.