View Single Post
Old 04-02-16, 11:39 AM
tg16

Bikes: Bianchi Impulso, Raleigh Record Ace, Kestrel 200SCI, Jamis Xenith T2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Aren't all bike snobs also bike lovers and all bike lovers to some degree bike snobs. I wouldn't want to ride the beat up old wal mart bike with a gas pipe frame and a 2x4 with some foam wrapped in a plastic bag for a seat. I can afford something better. Isn't it a matter of perspective and preference. What one wears is a matter of personal choice and taste. Whether you wear the marching set up, which I sometimes do, or the Bermuda shorts with old grease stained t-shirt, which I sometimes do. When I wear that, my wife says I look like I escaped from the nursing home, stole a bike and am fleeing from a nurse who wants to give me a shot.

My point is we are all both snobs and lovers to some degree. I wave and smile at everyone and speak if close enough and they all wave and speak back. Attitude is contagious.

I hope no one takes offense at this post as none is meant but this morning I'm in Gulfport, MS and rode the Tatonut ride for the first time. The full range of cyclists was there and it was great. Everyone was friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make me feel welcome. At no time did I try to peg anyone into a category. I just enjoyed the moments and the company.