View Single Post
Old 08-04-19, 04:34 PM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 316 Times in 175 Posts
It was a good day my friends . Got my Campy/Nisi wheels back from the LBS and they did a fine job lacing . The tires I'm using are NOS Giro d' Italia . I do my own thing when gluing , maybe it will bite me someday maybe not . I 1 coat the tire and rim , let dry and then 1 coat tire and rim and mount . Using (this time) Challenge mastic , it's a Italian build so Italian glue . Previously I had been using 3M Fast Tack , 1 thick coat on the rim and tire and mount . Never a problem . Many beers ago I used to let my buddy (Psycho Billie) ride one of my bikes and it had tubulars , anyway we had one mile to go after a 60 miler and Billie gets a flat . Typical Billie he flies into a rage and then starts crying , I'm like Billie no big deal I can fix it . At the time I was using tape and a Co2 cartridge for air . So I got to work , Billie was silent (for once) he had never seen tape and never filled with Co2 .
Anyhow the second picture with the blue tape is for holding the tire valve stem straight while pulling on the tire , works good .

IMG_0401 by mark westi, on Flickr

IMG_0403 by mark westi, on Flickr

Last edited by markwesti; 08-04-19 at 04:38 PM.