View Single Post
Old 09-18-19, 12:30 AM
bfuser191509248

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by JimR56
I've always liked the look of Schwinn's cantilever frame bikes, but only recently began to appreciate a variety of others- including some of the "middleweights" like the American, Corvette, Heavy Duti, Jaguar, Panther, and Typhoon.

Anybody else have interest in or knowledge about these bikes? There seems to be a lot of overlap from model to model between some of the middleweight specs. I've even been seeing ebay listings where the title of the listing includes multiple middleweight model names, even though the seller is only offering one bike. Not having any past experience with these, I find this confusing. But I'm attracted to these nonetheless.
Not only was there overlap between the specs as well as an evolution of specs (for each model) over time, but when I look at examples currently for sale online, the fact that so many people modded these only makes things more confusing. All-original examples seem to be scarce (most of the best examples probably have been collected up by now), but at least the ones with clean frames would probably be good candidates to be restored to original, and relatively easily in some cases.

Last edited by bfuser191509248; 09-18-19 at 12:46 AM.