Old 09-25-19, 12:12 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
First Rapha kit (bought it in black), really, really hope it fits (looking to wear off the bike and replace a lightweight Banana Republic vest I've worn for 5+ years nearly every day fall through spring):

I take it that's the Transfer Insulated Gilet? They have the regular Insulated Gilet on sale in my size, but it doesn't look like it has the dual zip, which would be really nice on the bike... Let me know what you think of it when it arrives.

Originally Posted by canklecat
Haven't had a torque wrench in years, since I last worked on old cars and motorcycles. Didn't see any need for one with my steel bikes.

But a friend gave me a Diamondback Podium 5 frame to build up from whatever bits and pieces I have in the spares bin. First encounter with carbon fiber steerer, thought I'd better do it right so it doesn't asplode.

I was about to order one of those preset clicky 3-5nm wrenches but another BFer posted about this teensy Venzo beam torque wrench. Sooooo... why not. My first bike tool starter kit was from Venzo a few years ago and everything has been good, especially the shop grade chain tool.

It's so cute. And it works.

Also, turns out I'm way too gentle. My guesstimate for 5nm was way below spec, closer to 3nm.
Venzo VZ-F33-054 torque wrench. It's tiny. And functional.
Awwwww - that's super cute. I had the same revelation when I got a torque wrench, too - I was consistently under (but everything was holding). Better than being ham-fisted.