Thread: Show your Trek
View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 09:17 AM
momoman

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Gran Turismo, 1983 Trek 760, 80's Colnago Super, 90's De Rosa SLX, 2009 Waterford 22 Series Singlespeed, 85 Medici Pro Strada, De Rosa Alumino frameset, Dave Molten Fuso frameset, 70's beater Peugeot PX10, Zizzo Liberte, 2022 Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 92 Posts
My 1983 Trek 760 with upgraded Campy crankset and wheels with Campy hubs, and Shimano SPD pedals. I'm going to restore her back with the original Suntour pedals and crankset but keep the upgraded wheels because I gave away the original wheels with Suntour Superbe hubs. This old gal has stuck with me the past 36 years. She waited patiently for me for 25 years in the back of my garage while I got married, raised kids and played basketball and found other loves. 8-9 yrs ago my buddies all got back on the saddle and started riding again (on new carbon bikes). I looked for her and regreased all the major components, got new tires and new shoes and pedals and joined them. The rest is history - I'm into carbon bikes, single speeds, vintage bikes, mountain bikes now! This gal has been with me on rides from Santa Barbara to L.A., L.A. to San Diego and back multiple times, Rosarito Beach to Ensenada multiple times, up and down PCH, up and down the river trails in SoCal, around the Rose Bowl, around the streets in the SGV. I took a few tumbles with her, but I sacrificed my body (lots of road rash) to protect her.
I will never let her go. She waited patiently for me. If she wasn't there waiting for me I wouldn't have had a bike to ride to join my buddies, and may not have gotten back into what is probably my 1st love - bicycling!

Edit: I was unemployed and kinda down 8 years ago when I got back into cycling. I didn't have the resources to buy a new carbon bike to keep up with my friends so my Trek 760 allowed me to get back into cycling quickly. Fast forward 8 years and now I'm buying bike parts left and right, building vintage bikes to allow me to relive the 70's and 80's, when I was a teenage and young adult that loved bicycling.

Last edited by momoman; 06-09-19 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Added additional comments.