View Single Post
Old 10-16-19, 10:51 AM
RShantz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
The difference between your examples and using an ebike is that in those examples people are still expending their own energy to make it to the finish line at their chosen level of difficulty, while using an ebike with no physical impairment rationale is basically posing. I'm not "mad," I just think it's a weak look.
Would have to say I agree with that. But I also feel that way about those who do these charity rides and stop at every rest stop and chat for quite a while. I try to motivate those folks by telling them they are improving.

I guess I just don't like folks criticizing the e-bike folks so much. Everyone is different and has different goals in their riding. While the ebike doesn't provide the same level of exercise as a regular bike, it does provide more than sitting on the sofa. I really try to be positive to cyclists and encourage them to ride more no matter what type of bike they are on.

Who knows, the ebike guy who gets continual support from family/friends may increase his riding and he may decide to ride a regular bike. If criticized, he may just go back to the sofa?

Lastly, the ebike guys are crossing the finish line using their chosen level of difficulty.
Likes For RShantz: