I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
US, kitted up, helmeted, cyclists willing and able to take on fast motor traffic are considered something of an "anomaly" to the Dutch or other nations where cycling as transportation is a regular thing.

Only time will tell. Apparently more painted lanes, and some protected lanes did increase cycling in NYC. So, "paint it, and they will come?"
US, kitted up, helmeted, cyclists willing and able to take on fast motor traffic are considered something of an "anomaly" to the non-enthusiastic bicycle riding general public in the U.S., where cycling as transportation is NOT a regular thing.

Yes, cycling increased in NYC, but by how much; was it from something like 0.6% to 0.8% of the commuters?

The so-called increase is not impressive nor convincing evidence of the benefits to NYC from its bicycle infrastructure program, especially when it is likely that much of any shift in transportation mode in NYC to bicycling was from already existing public transit, rather than from privately owned motor vehicles.

Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 07-24-19 at 10:34 AM.