Old 09-05-19, 12:24 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,462 Times in 1,433 Posts
Yesterday, as I was about to set out for class, I saw my rear rim is broken. A spoke has been pulling too hard. The rim runs straight, but I will need to replace it. I rode it to class.

There was a threat of rain, but it didn't come.

When I lock up my bike, I take the lock out of my backpack, and I put my seat bag into my backpack. My seat bag contains my tools, and my taillight hangs off it. Yesterday, as I was doing everything, I put the seat bag on the rack of the bike parked next to mine. When I came back out of class, I saw I had left it there, and no one had stolen it, so that was lucky.

My commutes to and from class have been fairly pleasant. I'm refining my routes. I try to avoid the avenues, as traffic there is rough. I can do that by taking the river path, which adds a bit of distance but not much. I still have to cross town on the streets from the river to the east side, but that's not so bad.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.