Old 01-21-19, 03:25 PM
rensho3

Bikes: Fuji Elite, 3Rensho track, Trek Madone 6.9, Specialized MTB, GT MTB, Cannondale Cad3 fixie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaben
With regards to price, we are looking at £575 now. Do you think that’s more reasonable? I’m not sure how much it’s worth as don’t see many of them about. Corimas and FFWD’s come around on second hand a lot more often for similar or slightly more money.
I think you need to decide what you are going to use it for. I only race 500 TT and Team Sprint these days. I only use a front disc if I am indoor. I don't even own one at this point; I borrow it if the race, like the upcoming Master's Natz, is going to be inside. I train at Carson indoor, use a FF 90 for everything but race days.

My wife was a Master's pursuit WC, and she only used her front disc outside once, at Master's Natz in Colorado Springs many years ago. It was in the evening just after a thunderstorm, and the wind was absolutely still. Under those conditions, she was able to win the silver in the 500 (Master's Natz), beating some sprinters who were using 5 spoke or 3 spoke wheels. Just to be safe, I went to the start line holding her Zipp front spoked wheel to change if the breeze came up. Her coach and still talk about the time we took the risk and it paid off. A day or so later she set a PR and won the 2000 TT with her spoked front wheel. Just to brag a little, that year she was flying, winning State Championship, Natz Championship, and World's in the 2000 that year. I wish I could have been that good. Oh, BTW, she did all that and is only 5'5 and 100 lbs. It seems someone put a big engine in that little body!

I agree with others that the 5 spoke may be the wheel you want if you plan to ride a lot on an indoor track.