Old 09-02-19, 05:02 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
what do you want to see tested? (wind tunnel)

Starting to put together my next trip to the tunnel. I've got a fairly extensive list of things I'm going to test (mostly clothes/helmets) but depending on the how fast we get through things (should be pretty fast as I will not be testing at many yaw sweeps) I might have some time to get some other stuff in, if anyone has a good idea I'll try to fit it in!

Some thoughts / info before you make requests
The majority will be tested in pursuit setup (aerobars) but I'm hoping if time allows to test a few runs with drop bars

- Wheels - I've got maybe two wheels I'm going to test (front) a 5 spoke and a disc, and the reason for that is I tested the 5 spoke last time I was at the tunnel, but didn't have a "real" (we taped up a spoked wheel as a proxy) disc, so I'd like that data point to compare... that said, testing wheels takes a long time (lots of work to change them out on the rig) so I probably will not test any more after the disc goes on.
- Helmets - Plan is to test a few "top end" helmets against my aerohead ultimate (I'll also be testing the aerohead without the visor) - currently planning on the POC tempor, Lazer Wasp/Victor, Kask Mistral. I've tested a lot of helmets in the past, can't think of any other high end one's I've not tested.
- Clothes - I plan on going through about 5 higher end skinsuits, two pair of shoes, and a pair or two of socks/shoe covers. The shoes/covers/socks will be towards the very end because it's lower impact most likely, so as time allows.
- Position - I pretty well like where my position is at currently, but I may try a few different things towards the beginning of my runs just to see if there is a different avenue I could go down.

I *might* also have access to an on track aero sensor to play with the same few days... may be able to get some verification data rl vs. tunnel. (and might have time to test more out there)

Anyone have any suggestions/requests?