Old 09-29-19, 02:15 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by AmahlAmahlAmahl
I'm using an Arione. I still get saddle discomfort. I'm still trying to figure out what saddle would work for me. Thinking about trying a Tri saddle out. I seen Elis Ligtlee using one.
Some higher-end bike shops have a saddle tryout program where either you pay a one time feel (say $25) and you can check-out a saddle for a couple of days at a time, then swap for a different one until you find one you like. Your $25 is then credited towards a purchase (assuming you find one you like). Another variation of the same system is paying like $15 for each saddle you try and all of your rental fees go towards the purchase.

Very few cyclists settle on their perfect saddle early on. It's a journey. Oddly, I started on an Arione (because they were popular with roadies at the time) and then tried maybe 6-8 other saddles...and settled on the Arione, not because it was perfect, but because the others were worse somehow.

The most comfortable saddle I used was a Specialized Toupe 143...but the suspended area in the middle would crack easily, even under normal weight riders.