Old 10-28-19, 08:44 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
The poll does not include my experience.

Totally satisfied with the MFGer as far as claim etc. Free upgrade from Trek.

Lousy service from bike shop.

Component swap included new cables. Asst manager did the swap. Called said my front 105 der was not functioning properly. Strange, hadn't a problem before this. But ok, not going to break the bank.

Replaced the front der, got the bike back, won't shift well. Took it to another shop owned by a friend, sadly not involved with brand and warranty.

Finds the lousy mechanic installed a crimped cable that was hidden. Paid for a new der because the mechanic was a moron.

Then first ride, headset making a serious ticking noise. Took it home, checked the headset. Moron mechanic placed a bearing race in upside down.

Since then, I won't take my bike to a shop. Had another warranty claim, did the swap myself. Shop wanted $200 for the swap. You're kidding right?

Took the bike apart, 30 minutes. Took frame into shop, swapped for new frame. Built it up in about an hour. Not rocket science but the great bike shop service service, sucked!

So totally happy with the customer rep, but totally upset with the bike shop.

Best thing I ever did was start building my own bikes and wheels. Best quality control ever, not one single problem now.