Old 04-05-20, 08:38 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts
High of 64 today cloudy and 30% chance of rain. Basically not my favorite kind of weather but close enough for me to finally ride again, since it's been raining . My favorite type of weather is 80° and above, blue sky and puffy white (cumulus)clouds. By the time I head out it'll be about 58°. I think I'll ride my straight up road bike otherwise known as the only bike I own with regular road bars.
Thursday I was ready to ride, but about 15 min before my wife got home it started to rain and it was cold. Then it continued to rain friday. Friday I was set to run outside but rain, no big deal. But when my wife gets home she said I can't run in the rain, too risky, I could get sick, compromise my immune system, the works. First I don't believe you get sick from cold or raining weather but maybe it does make my body work harder to regulate temp and thereby making my body susceptible to illness...maybe. But since shes the only one bringing home the bacon (literally and figuratively) I just said yes dear. My wife is the designated person in our household to go to the store or anywhere for that matter. Although I'm NOT high risk, I Do Not have diabetes, high blood pressure, or any health issues. However, I'm 56 and she's 21 years younger than me and the Onus is on her (and unfortunate stress) and btw that was her decision. But her argument was she's still working out in the world, I'm home with my 5 yo daughter (as usual) and she falls in the safest age range statistically speaking. All I know is she's been our Hero and we let her know that ...daily.
Back to riding, I think I'll be on my '89 Summertime Blues Ironman. It's the one I only ride when I'm riding with my bike buddy. But since we're not riding together I'll take it out for a good spin. Shoot, I might even ride 26 today.
Oh the subject of gear ratios, I have not a clue what those numbers by inches or whatever mean. I just go by feel. However, I do remember BITD when I was good, I generally was in the 52x15 or 17 and have no idea what or how many inches. But it sure was the sweet spot for me. Now a days it's more 42x something easy.
later IronKids.

Last edited by texaspandj; 04-05-20 at 08:43 AM.
Likes For texaspandj: