Old 05-16-20, 04:21 PM
Schlafen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by praivo
I've made some progress on the Hardrock gravel/do-it-all build:
I replaced the crappy Force brake levers (which also had the wrong pull ratio) with a pair of Tektro RL520s and also got rid of the old bar tape that had been reused several times while I was figuring out the position of the levers and no longer felt very nice.

The 11-36t cassette has been replaced by a 11-42. I did buy a cheap one which means it's really heavy (630 g, more than the NX 11-speed cassette) and the RD hanger extender means it's doesn't shift very well, but it gives me the range I need and I'll eventually get rid of all of this anyway when I have the money for a proper 12-speed setup.

I've now done about 220 km on the bike and I'm really happy about the way it turned out. I do still need to get a slightly shorter stem (probably a 70mm instead of the 80 I'm using now) because the handlebar feels a little bit too far, but I can already spend well over an hour on the bike every day without any significant discomfort.
Dang, this is exactly what I'm thinking of, when people talk about gravel bikes. Looks ready for the Tour Divide.
I might take some inspiration from this off road monster rig of yours.