View Single Post
Old 05-22-20, 07:05 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by BNB
I've been riding solo since covid and it's getting sketchier out there. People are angry and frustrated and I've had a few incidents recently where I've been the target of their anger. It's mostly macho guys and their big trucks (one actually had "redneck" on the window that I saw after he came too close to me and spun his wheels to spit sand at me) but today it was a sedan with christian symbol on the back (blared horn long before and after going by me despite my being on the right shoulder on a straight road without traffic). While I ride I think about what I could put on the back of my jerseys to make these rednecks think I'm almost one of them - I wear plain safety yellow, so there's room for a message. Ideas welcome! Here's what I've come up with so far:

"Make America Great Again"

"World's Greatest Mom"

"Jesus Loves You"

[the fish symbol]

"Mom, Nurse"

Do you think it might help? Any other ideas? I could stop riding but riding is saving my sanity!

Are you riding in NH? I ride solo all over the bottom half of the state, and there are definitely places where I think solo riding is better for this than others. PM me if you want to compare notes on locations.