Thread: Addiction LXXV
View Single Post
Old 09-17-19, 05:59 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Speaking of Spain, we booked our flight a few weeks ago and have a 3 hour layover at Gatwick. We just got an email stating that the connecting flight time has changed and we now have a 13 hour layover. And instead of arriving at 2PM we are arriving at midnight!

I am going to try to change this but may have to suck it up. Sad.
Depending on how many of you are flying, you may want to just end your US originating flight at Gatwick and pay extra cash for an inter-city shuttle to Spain. I do this sometimes when I use reward point to get across the ocean. For less than $100 each person we can change to a shuttle flight in from almost any European capital to other European cities. That is easier than trying to find a reward itinerary going exactly where you want to go. Question is whether those fly from Gatwick or just Heathrow. If bottom line I had that kind of layover at Gatwick, I would take the train into the city, see some sights, have a good meal, maybe even take an inexpensive hotel room to get a shower and a nap. The trains are so reliable, it is dead easy.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...