View Single Post
Old 01-30-24, 11:59 AM
northbend 

Bikes: 1937 Hobbs; 1977 Bruce Gordon; 1987 Bill Holland; 1988 Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); 1999 Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB); 2018 Woodrup (Touring) 2016 Ritchey breakaway

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked 3,825 Times in 672 Posts
Unusually warm and dry day on Monday and I was able to get out for a long ride.
Down to the lower valley on the Snoqualmie Valley Trail (SVT) to Carnation.
Leaving the upper valley by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

So warm, I was able to ride pretty much all day without wearing a jacket
1st ride without a jacket this year by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

Took the SVT to Carnation by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

Out onto the pavement past Carnation Dairy Farm, up n over Union Hill to Redmond.
Carnation Dairy Farm / Camp Corey by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

I rode south along the East Lake Sammamish Trail to Issaquah, stopping for an Ice Cream at Bohems Chocolates Haus.
IceCream break at Bohems in Issaquah by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

Back on the bike I head east on the Issaquah Preston Trail. I wanted to try out a new way to get back into the lower Snoqualmie Valley I’d heard about.
Starting in Upper Preston a beautifully paved road climbs steeply up Mitchell Hill. The pavement ends at the top by a microwave tower.
Mitchell Hill by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

There’s an old logging road that drops down the other side, petering out to a dirt trail.
Quite steep with some loose gravel and muddy waterbars in sections, I descended carefully.
The descent of Mitchell Hill to the Issaquah-Fall City road.. by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

The trail eventually ends at the Issaquah-Fall City road in the Lower Snoqualmie Valley. I ride past Fall City and take the SVT back home to North Bend, 78 miles for the day.