View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 12:23 PM
am0n

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Regarding the block, was more to know what to get. All I want to do is level the bike, so I'll probably get that $18 cycleops one. There are cheaper, but seem less robust, unless someone here can vouch for one that is durable. Intent isn't to simulate climbing.

I have a cycleops Mag+. Dumb trainer, I'll use Rouvy for virtual power just as a metric for training. I say training, but it'd probably only be twice a week. Thought is to use it for warming up the legs (have a torn meniscus, so trying the strengthening approach before surrendering to surgery as a literature search suggests surgery may eliminate short term problems at the expense of early onset osteoarthritis) and to HIIT, single leg pedaling and high cadence work. My goal isn't to race, just get strong enough to ride with a friend without holding them back too much.

Sounds like set up the fan, maybe grab a second, towels to cover as much as possible and then baby wipe everything after. Any benefit to wearing gloves? The basement is cool and I have a dehumidifier running all the time.