Old 02-14-19, 08:20 AM
KCBikeCommuter

Bikes: Klein Quantum Race; Cannondale Supersix EVO Di2; Trek Crossrip LTD; Trek Boone 9 Disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don't really mind the cold, but don't mess with the snow/ice. Plus, I haven't had to since we've had fairly mild winter the last several years. This winter is different for sure. The first 7" snow of the season we had in November was more than Kansas City received each winter for the last 3 or 4 years. I've never had studded tires, because I've really never needed them since I started commuting. My commuting is so minimal this winter that I may break down and get a set.

That said, it was VERY warm here yesterday, with temps in the low to mid 50's. Even this morning was warm at 40, which I can't remember the last time it was that warm for a morning commute. It was also the first commute in a long time that all the ice was melted from the roads! Unfortunately, it won't last long as the next cold front comes through around noon today dropping the temp about 5-degrees per hour all afternoon until we're well down into the teens. :-( With the 20mph headwinds and gusts close to 40mph expected... I may leave work a tad early today. 3-5 inches of snow expected tonight.