Old 06-12-19, 09:39 AM
DaveLeeNC

Bikes: 2020 Trek Emonda SL6, 90's Vintage EL-OS Steel Bianchi with 2014 Campy Chorus Upgrade

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 162 Times in 110 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Can you fit the new gp5000 25? They are more true to size and a bit thinner and more supple all around. Also are you already using latex tubes? You should be
This is interesting. First of all just 2 days ago I needed to replace my rear tire and used a 5000. Low and behold it is roughly 0.5mm smaller than the 4000 on the front (both 23's measuring closer to 25mm). And this leads to a couple of additional questions.

First I have run latex tubes but never on my 'daily wheels'. Is latex REALLY more flat prone (in the long run) than butyl? They most certainly are more fragile but it seems to me that anything that would puncture a latex tube is ultimately a problem for butyl as well (somewhere down the road). Probably no crisp answers here, but thought I would ask.

I have lots of room in the rear and could easily run 28's on the back. How much of the vibration feel that is driven by tire size/pressure comes from the rear?

Thanks.

dave