View Single Post
Old 06-21-12, 10:13 AM
Just_Nigel

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale M300, Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can’t really add much more to what’s already been said but I understand you wanting to vent. Sorry you’re having these problems.

On a soapbox for a bit…

I’m a diabetic too and I ignored it for the last 3 years. April of this year my fasting numbers were in the 370’s. I started to really research the disease and it scared the hell out of me.

That’s all it took. I made a choice to change, got back on my bike, hit the gym, and changed my eating and drinking habits. I’m not the paradigm of good behavior but I am in charge of me. I WILL fall off the wagon occasionally but that is still my choice.

Since April, I’ve got my fasting numbers in the upper 90’sand post meals are <120. Visited my doctor for something else last week andI told him I stopped taking the metformin…. He told me I should accept my condition since I won’t be able to beat this and won’t be able to lower my A1C… So now I’m even more motivated and he will be eating some major crow next month.

I don’t know you or your condition and I understand that depression can be a chronic condition that needs treatment… and your post may have been just the result of a bad day but… I think you should take charge… I read another post of yours and you basically said that you accept that you’re overweight and that you’re ok with that…I wonder if that is true.

I’ve had issues with depression as well but I will say thatsince I’ve taken control of my life and taken actions to get healthy, I feel great, haven’t been depressed as much (it’s gonna happen sometimes) and feel great about my odds.
Soapbox mode off…

Sorry, that took longer than I expected…

Last edited by Just_Nigel; 06-21-12 at 10:57 AM.