View Single Post
Old 04-22-20, 06:48 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
But if he was on the bike path, how did the car launch over the concrete? Lifting off from going up the embankment seems the only logical explanation. Though you did say "you are not going to believe this". Did you see it happen live?
Originally Posted by jgwilliams
I agree. Not being familiar with that road design it's hard to interpret the pictures but surely he must have hit the fence from the railway line side or the fence would be down the other way.
Maybe I can get more pictures to better explain what happened but I examined the whole scene much closer this morning. There are chips out of the flood wall on the bike path side where he went over the wall shearing two fence posts off right at their base tearing the weld that held the post to the base. There is also rubber tire tracks climbing the wall from the bike path side and over the top of the wall. Part of his bumper which you see in one of the pictures is on the bike path 21 feet before where he went over the wall. He was on the bike path headed in the direction the car is pointing at a high rate of speed. I paced it this morning and the car is 50 yards past where the car went over the wall.

I have no explanation as to why the fence is laying on the bike path. I can only guess the cops might have pulled it over so they could climb down the wall but that is a wild guess.