Old 07-31-20, 08:52 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
My wife and I went to the beach last weekend and we pulled out a soft sided cooler that we'd used before and it occurred to me that it looked a lot like a pannier too. I rigged it up with some flat bungie cords that I had bought for another purpose and hung it off the rack and it was perfect! We packed it up with sandwiches and drinks and used an alcohol based coolant in plastic bags (vodka!) to keep it cold and to mix with our cranberry in our water bottles. The beach doesn't allow alcohol anymore but they used to sell it there so I don't feel bad about sneaking it in. But the freezer vodka did work as a coolant, along with ice packs. Everything was plenty cold except what was in the water bottles in the cages,

(It wouldn't let me use the Cyrillic vodka, I thought I'd done it before but maybe not here. I started taking Russian lessons online but haven't gotten very far. I live in Brooklyn and there are a lot of Russians here and I just wanted to be able to read signs, understand a few things. It is surprising how many words are the same or with the same roots. Vodka is of course Russian to begin with.)

Last edited by zacster; 07-31-20 at 08:56 AM.